neděle, září 27, 2009

Unclassics 27: Lambchop - Is A Woman (2002, Merge)

genre: alt.country, soul

First time I came across Kurt Wagner's voice was when I heard him on Morcheeba's record What New York Couples Fight About. OK, I know how embarassing this is, but at least I found out about this great band called Lambchop. Wagner is from Nashville, Tennessee and he surely must be the weirdest country singer ever living. His soul soaked voice drives you through Lambchop moody songs and you pour yourself a glass of whiskey and start thinking about the girl you had crush on at secondary school. It's a nice music for your parents to enjoy with you, but it has more depths than your average MOR pop collection. He will never become Leonard fucking Cohen and will always be the only musician from Nashville I dig. Thank you.





)dl( get it while it's hot, I delete the files after 3 days

Žádné komentáře: