sobota, září 05, 2009

Unclassics 5: Colleen - Golden Morning Breaks (2005, Leaf)

genre: musique concrete

I really have a soft spot for this album. I bought this album on vinyl at a discount price and my older son loves the cover with the unicorn. Last summer he only wanted to fall asleep to the sound of this album. I dont mention this to justify the choice of this album, it is in fact fantastic. Colleen makes very delicate music from toys, broken harpshichords and harp and the songs are always dangerously near to vanishing in thin air. What I love about Cécile's music the most are the mistakes, the brooken melodies from old music boxes which she loops over and over. Pure magic! And she is a sweet person, I once wrote to her an email with a question about her gamelan influences and she wrote a whole one page article about it. It was published in HISvoice earlier this year!



Other recommended albums from Leaf label:
Efterklang - Parades
Colleen - Les Ondes Silencieuses
A Hawk And A Hacksaw - The Way The Wind Blows
Hanne Hukkelberg - Little Things
Caribou - The Milk Of Human Kindness

)dl( get it while it's hot, I delete the files after 3 days

Žádné komentáře: