sobota, října 17, 2009

Unclassics 47: Anti Pop Consortium - Arrythmia (2002, Warp)

genre: hip hop

It was very difficult deciding which album by APC choose. This one or Tragic Epilogue from 2000? Then I realized Arrythmia has a track in which the guys rap into ping pong ball jumping up and down, which solved the case forever. APC mix hip hop with experimental IDM beats in a way which seems to be very natural (=not pretentious). And they are killer rappers as well. (I saw Beans once live and he blew my mind.) When this album was released it was a good time for experimental hip hop, so it did not get enough props it deserved. And APC disbanded. The are back now with their new album just out. I dont know, I love them beyond grave, but the things they did in the early 00s are just too great to beat. And I will always claim this album to be one of the best ever made. No, really.





)dl( get it while it's hot, I delete the files after 3 days

Žádné komentáře: