neděle, října 04, 2009

Unclassics 34: Spring Heel Jack - Disappeared (Thirsty Ear, 2000)

genre: drum'n'bass

I cared a lot about drum'n'bass during 90s, but with the advent of garage at the end of decade, I stopped. From time to time I check at the dnb forums just to see what is happening and end up dl some albums, which sadly justify my position that the genre is already over. (Sorry, Hospital Records never did much to me). Spring Heel Jack's Disappeared might be one of the last albums I ever cared for from 00s dnb. I can imagine John Coxon and Ashley Wales tried very hard to make the breakbeat formula sound interesting again, but thanks god this doesnt show. It is in fact very easy-going collection which does the same things plenty other people on Ninja Tune tried at the same (fusing sophisticated jazz and funk with dnb), but only SHJ - as far as I know - succeeded.




)dl( get it while it's hot, I delete the files after 3 days

Žádné komentáře: