neděle, prosince 13, 2009

Unclassics 104: Ariel Pink's Haunted Graffiti - Worn Copy (2003, Rhystop)

genre: freak music, lo-fi, psychedelic pop

I remember buying this album on CD from one second (maybe third) hand shop in Vienna and listening to it for the first time on my way back on headphones (there used to be discplayers in the old old time, you know) - I can clearly recall the feeling of nausea when the music started. As if everything was wrong with the music and at the same time with the listener and the world around me. But later on I started geting to his weird/outsider world which seems to fascinate many people around the freak folk scene - he is the guy Animal Collective loved so much before they started loving Underworld (just joking!). They re-released the album on their Paw Tracks in 05. Try it and see for yourself. It has some pop appeal as well!!! Really.







)dl( get it while it's hot, I delete the files after 3 days

Žádné komentáře: