úterý, října 13, 2009

Unclassics 43: Fog - Ether Teeth (Ninja Tune, 2003)

genre: demented folk, hip hop

I very clearly remember listening to one Fog album and not being sure if I like the music or hate it. Later on after encountering noise and other extreme genres, I found out that the very questioning of your taste is very positive thing, which tells you a lot not about the music itself, but about yourself - which is why we should listen to the music, right? In 03 Fog was just Andrew Broder from MI and his guitar, tape recorder and hash pipe (I guess) and he made this weird record that wants to set your world on fire. Some melodies he plays are absolutely sweet, but he manages to make them even better by lyrics written on drugs and fucking with tape manipulations and adding demented sounds. Just like with Beck, the other albums are just too sophisticated. I beg he made this one without much thinking, which is always the best for this type of music.





)dl( get it while it's hot, I delete the files after 3 days

Žádné komentáře: