pondělí, října 26, 2009

Unclassics 56: William Basinski - The Disintegration Loops I-IV (2002 - 2004, 2062)

genre: ambient

The story of this album is well known, so just a quick recap: Basinski found some of his old ambient recordings he made in 80s and wanted to digitalize them. What he found was the sound of time itself as the recordings slowly decayed and started to disappear from the tape. The loops are simple, but the real magic comes with the small changes, mistakes and damages destroying the sound itself. Sometimes the sound gets burried, sometimes only one channel plays and sometimes you hear only hisses on the verge of silence. This is a really powerfull lesson in mortality of all things, just like the old loops of William's, our lives too will slowly disintegrate and then disappear into silence. Heavy stuff. Nearly makes me cry.

For obvious reasons, only first album is included in the dl.



)dl( get it while it's hot, I delete the files after 3 days

1 komentář:

ra1n řekl(a)...

Amazing.

I cant thank you enough for these awesome music tips. I am really big fan of ambient and this along with that album by Belong is really growing on me.